OPRHP Empire State Trail (EST) Program
Are you a trail user looking to plan your trip? Visit Empiretrail.ny.gov
to find information including:
- Digital web-map with detailed routing, lodging options, and points-of-interest.
- Trip planning features
- FAQ's about the trail
- Trail development documents & resources
OPRHP EST Program Information & Resources for Segment Owners
OPRHP's EST Program was launched in May 2022 to sustain the EST as an important statewide greenway trail and economic development driver. The "Empire State Trail" brand connects separate trail
segments that are owned by various public and private entities to promote a continuous multi-use 750-mile trail route across New York. The following resources and links are available to trail owners and partners to
ensure successful communication and collaboration for the EST.
Are you an EST segment owner and stakeholder? Email the EST Program here
Forms and Resources
Stakeholder Contact Information and Designation Form
- EST Point of Contact Form
- This form collects contact information for EST section owners for EST Program communications.
- Owners should complete this form and notify the EST Program about their points of contact on an annual basis and/or when changes occur.
Capital Construction and Trail Closure Notification Form
- Empire State Trail Project Notification Form
- This form collects information about capital construction projects or emergency repairs that may impact the trail.
- It will be used to identify potential closures and detours to include on the EST map and webpage.
- Owners should complete this form on an annual basis and/or when an emergency impacts trail condition.
- *Note: OPRHP cannot provide signs for capital projects such as new trail segments, repair, and rehabilitation. These items should be procured as part of the overall project scope.
- OPRHP has a limited inventory of EST signage available to stakeholders to replace missing or damaged signs.
- Email the EST Program here to request our sign order form.
Stakeholder Website and Social Media Form
- EST Stakeholders' Website/Social Media Form:
- This form collects information about stakeholders’ online presence and hosted events.
- Owners should complete this form and notify the OPRHP EST Program about their marketing channels on an annual basis and/or when changes occur.
- We ship bulk quantities of EST maps for tourism entities, bicycle shops, lodging, and other partners along the trail.
- Email the EST Program here to request bulk trail maps.